Friday, February 4, 2011

Chug-a chug-a chug-a

Current Location: Dad's house, Rio Linda

  The past few days I have not been blogging, but this time it is not a symptom of the usual laziness, but a part of the cure.  Having made no progress on my Nova Albion/Wild Wild East products, I decided that the only way to force myself to work would be to stay away from the computer, most especially the internet, where I will always find something else I "need" to do.  Therefore I made a new rule: I am not allowed to turn on my computer until I have worked for three hours on making things.  For a few days, the mental block preventing me from beginning work persisted, but eventually I ran out of "better" things to do.  Yesterday and today each I was able to get three hours in, this time early enough to also check my messages and do some blogging before bed.  I have the four back panels for my first Chinese dress all cut out and sewn together.  Photo will come whenever I have sufficient space on my computer to risk uploading from my camera again.  Hopefully from this beginning I will be able to start building steam, because if I can't make this "making things" thing work, I'm going to have to get a real job (the horrors!).

No comments:

Post a Comment