Saturday, October 16, 2010

Scurry Scurry

Current Location: Dad's house, Rio Linda

  Got sick of hand-sewing my stupid foot wrapping.  If I buy some gray thread, then I can do it by machine instead which will be much faster - very important with less than a week left to work.  Instead I got started on the rest of the costume.  Here is my shirt, before and after.
Before
After

  While I was doing that, I was also listening to the music Jen gave me yesterday for the party, to see which things to add the the playlist.  Some of it is movie soundtracks, and while I have no doubt that the movies themselves are very creepy, most of the songs from them are incredibly boring.  I suppose it's possible other party-goers might want to listen to ambient instrumental stuff, but I'm the one in charge of the music.

  While in the midst of blogging, I realized I had not done some things that needed to be done tonight, before I leave in the morning.  So I attempted to match pictures up to frames, with limited success.
Two ink drawings I did for a class a few years back.  The one on the left is framed in the upper door of a clock case.  The one on the right I had to trim about half an inch, but it actually improved the composition so I'm okay with it.  They are both held in place with Scotch tape.

  I finished fiddling about with the microwave - I am now officially Done with it, although other people may make further additions while I am away.  Mostly what I've been doing is deciding the buttons are illegible, pulling them off and gluing on new ones.  I have a whole handful of extra buttons which I think I will make into a bracelet or something.

  I've done my packing and some cleaning up, including sorting what was probably a few months' worth of laundry (I think ALL my pajamas are dirty, no idea what I'll be wearing this weekend).  And now I must sleep, because I actually have to get up in the morning tomorrow.  But first! I must call my brother and ask if he wants to meet up with us in the Bay Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment