Friday, October 14, 2011

Moar Adventures

Current Location: Mom's house, Diamond Springs

  So, it turns out Bookswim's shipping is incredibly slow (10 days to go one way!?), and in order to upgrade to something remotely reasonable you have to pay an extra $7 PER PACKAGE.  Here is the review I left when I canceled the service:

  "I can buy used books on Amazon for cheaper than renting them here, and they're in better shape and ship much faster.  Plus, I don't have to rush to read them and send them back in order to get the most out of my money, there's no limit to how many I can get at once, and if I decide not to keep them I can sell them to someone else for pretty nearly what I paid for them.  Whereas the one book I checked the 'keep' price for on Bookswim would have charged me full retail price on top of what I already paid to rent it and had enormous stickers concealing the entire cover."

  Yeah.  So I bought 10 books on Amazon, most of them with Super Saver Shipping, and the next time I'm craving something to read I'll do the same.  And if I don't like them enough to keep (because I'm treating my Amazon wishlist more like a library than, say, a Borders bookstore), then hey guess what Amazon totally has a resale section.

By the way, there is no post office at the end of the street.  I don't know what Google was thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment