Saturday, November 20, 2010

I Can Haz Work Ethic?

Current Location: Mom's house, Diamond Springs

  Having been somewhat concerned about how I will make enough things to sell to fill up my vendor space at Nova Albion, I decided to commit myself to a goal.  There are a hundred days from now until March, so if I made something every day (except the holidays when I will have no time) I'd have about a hundred things, which should be more than enough.  I suspect many of the projects I have in mind will take more than one day, though, so I'm not holding myself to the same kind of rule I use for my Steampunk Thing of the Week - it doesn't have to be started and finished within the day.  So, here are my new rules for vending production:
1. Try to finish something every day.
2. Don't start something new unless you can't finish the old. (This should help keep me from ending up with 100 half-finished things that I can't sell.)
3. When you've done 5 things, you get 2 days to make for self or Etsy.
4. Work even if you can't finish today to make it more likely to finish tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment