Sunday, September 19, 2010

Organizing Patterns and Gamer Geeks

Despite what that title seems to indicate, we left the gamers to do most of their organizing themselves.

Current Location: Dad's house, Rio Linda

  Today we took Steven back to Santa Cruz.

The money in his mouth is what his roommate owed him from the sale of textbooks they had bought together.
What looks like it's going to be never-ending games of Magic: The Gathering.
  The three people in the house not in his group of friends are all girls.  Hopefully they can deal with high levels of male nerdiness.  We met one, who said she was a feminist studies major, but the others hadn't moved in yet.

  When we went to pick him up from mom's house, I took along a stack of patterns (the ones that were in the middle of the floor because they didn't fit in the drawer) to put in the organizer thingy there and snagged two more to bring here, where the bulk of my patterns are.
Ta-da!  Perfect!

  I found another stash, by the way:
I'm not sure about some of these, especially the ones in the top row.  I am definitely getting rid of the one at top left and The Panel Vest.  Unfortunately, neither of them is old enough to qualify as vintage.  Also, the top one in the bottom picture is another Gunne Sax pattern.
  This stash was hidden under a pile of patterns I made, including some I don't remember.
A sloper made to my measurements in patternmaking class, and a mysterious underbust.  I did make a faux leather underbust to wear to Maker Faire a few years back, but it had a panel at the center front, not the lacing indicated here.
Another mystery.  I vaguely remember this one because I had no paper and had to use a garbage bag instead. . . or maybe it was substituting for muslin.  The seams are held together with scotch tape and pins.  I just don't remember what I made it for.

  I know there must still be yet another stash somewhere, because I haven't yet come across some things I remember having.  I had no idea I had quite so many patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment